Viper26K is a high voltage converter smartly integrating a 1050 V avalanche-rugged power section, with a PWM current mode control. The 1050 V-BV power MOSFET allows to extend input voltage range, and reduce the size of the DRAIN snubber circuit. This IC meets the most stringent energy-saving standards as it has very low consumption and operates in burst mode under light load. The integrated HV startup, sense-FET, error amplifier and oscillator with jitter allow a complete application to be designed with the minimum number of components.
The VIPer26K supports the most common SMPS topologies such as: isolated flyback with optocoupler, primary-side regulation, non-isolated flyback with resistive feedback, buck, and buck boost.
The Viper26K belongs to the ViperPlus family. Additionally, STMicroelectronics has an extensive portfolio of other series systems.
- 1050 V avalanche-rugged power MOSFET
- allowing ultra-wide VAC input range to be covered
- Embedded HV startup and sense-FET
- Current mode PWM controller
- Drain current limit protection:
- 500 mA (VIPER265K)
- 700 mA (VIPER267K)
- Jittered switching frequency reduces the EMI filter cost: 60 kHz ± 4kHz
- Standby power < 30 mW at 230 VAC
- Embedded E/A with 3.3 V reference
- Safe auto-restart after a fault condition
- Hysteretic thermal shutdown
- Built-in soft-start for improved system reliability
The key to friendly prototyping is offering ready-made evaluation boards, which are in the Masters offer. In the pictures below you will find the illustrated evaluation boards:
VIPerPlus Bring a Plus to your SMPS design: STM 2
VIPerPlus Evaluation boards Your SMPS design deserves a Plus: STM 3