As part of the research work carried out in the R&D Department, Masters engineers designed a unique evaluation board that combines LTE Cat.1, LPWA and NB-IoT technologies.
Innovative evaluation board for designers of wireless applications
The EVB.GSM.C002.SIM7000_7070_A7670 board is a universal system for prototyping applications based on wireless technology. On one PCB there is a space where the module can be used interchangeably in the selected technology:
- SIM7000X – Cat-M / NB-IoT / GSM / GNSS module. The SIM7000 series offers great expansion possibilities thanks to numerous interfaces (UART, GPIO, PCM, I2C). It is designed for applications that require low latency and low data transmission bandwidth under various radio propagation conditions.
- SIM800F – GSM / GPRS SMT solution. Supports 850/900/1800/1900 MHz quad-band, can transmit voice, SMS and data information with low power consumption
- A7670X – LTE Cat.1 module that supports LTE-TDD / LTE-FDD / GSM / GPRS / EDGE wireless communication modes. The maximum download speed is 10 Mb/s and the upload speed is 5 Mb/s.
- SIM7070X – SIM7070X – is an LPWA module that supports Cat-M / Cat-NB / GPRS / EDGE wireless communication modes. A very good solution for embedded applications.
The evaluation board also includes a PIFA antenna. It is a low-cost OnBoard SMD antenna operating in the GSM UMTS (3G) and NB-IoT cell bands. The advantages of PIFA antennas are:
- Omni-directional – allows for correct reception or transmission of data regardless of the antenna orientation (vertical, horizontal)
- High efficiency – retains relatively high efficiency compared to traditional antennas even in unfavorable conditions (surrounded by metals or the body)
- Possibility to use free space under the antenna for placing less sensitive components
In addition, the board has a HTS221 humidity and temperature sensor, which allows you to test wireless communication on real data.
Do you design application with wireless modules? If yes, contact us!
Prototypes of the evaluation board with wireless modules will be available in the second quarter of 2021. If you are interested, please contact email@example.com.