STM32L5 microcontrollers use Arm® TrustZone® technology and are available in seven different housings from 48 to 144 pins. They can also operate at ambient temperatures up to 125 °C.
Security is one of the key areas where embedded applications and Internet of Things (IoT) programmers strive for continuous improvement. The STM32L5 microcontroller series is the perfect solution because it provides the optimal balance between performance, power and security. The use of the Arm Cortex-M33 core security function and TrustZone technology in combination with the implemented STMicroelectronics protections create a class-leading microcontroller. It is perfect for energy-saving applications such as Internet of Things (IoT), medicine, industry and consumer applications.
The STM32L5 series is also a response to applications requiring lower energy consumption, using best-in-class STMicroelectronics ultra-low power technology. It offers up to 512 KB of flash memory (double bank) and 256 KB of SRAM memory with the possibility of supporting external memory. STM32L5 achieves a high level of performance (442 CoreMark) thanks to the new core and the new ART Accelerator™. The microcontroller offers a rich portfolio with 7 packages (from 48 to 144 pins) and works at ambient temperatures up to 125°C.
KEY FEATURES AND BENEFITS
The most optimal energy consumption:
- EEMBC ULPBench®: 370 ULPMark-CP result
- Built-in SMPS voltage drop converter (optional)
- The lowest levels of energy consumption while maintaining full flexibility:
- 17 nA in shutdown mode
- 3 µA in stop mode with full backup of SRAM memory and peripheral states and with a waking time of 5 µs
- Up to 62 µA / MHz in active mode
FULL SCOPE OF SECURITY
- Flexible secure isolation of hardware and software thanks to TrustZone®
- Improved security services: dedicated secure user storage space for secure startup, symmetrical and asymmetrical cryptographic acceleration, memory and IP protection, independent read protection between secure / unsecured domains, active tamper detection, certified libraries and ecosystem.
Additional elements – proven quartz and TCXO
For applications basing on the STM32L5 module it is worth using small quartz for surface mounting. NDK products, in particular NX3225GA, have small dimensions (3.2 × 2.5 × 0.75 mm) and are characterized by high stability of frequency parameters. For applications requiring a narrow radio channel and working in a wide temperature range, we recommend TCXO NT2016SA from NDK.
Do you need more details?
We encourage you to email us firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ll present you a detailed offer from choosing the right components, through comprehensive technical support to mass production. It is also possible to receive free samples.