We present the BC45B4523 is a one-chip ASIC reader for standard NFC 13.56 MHz non-contact protocols that provides the best solutions for NFC wireless communications applications such as locks, access control, label readers and payment devices. The device supports and complies with all major global baseband ISO standards, including ISO14443 type A, type B, Crypto_M and Smart Label ISO15693.
The reader is perfect for mobile devices due to low energy consumption and low operating voltage from 2.7 V to 3.6 V. Ultra-low power consumption of 3.3 V with simultaneous supply of an auxiliary microcontroller up to 150mA is also an advantage.
How does it work?
The BC45B4523 includes powerful power saving modes: Hard Power Down, Soft Power Down, Standby and low-power Card Detection. The low-power card detection mode allows the device not to work at full power continuously. The device periodically detects the external card. If an external card is detected, an interrupt signal will be sent to the MCU to resume system operation.
To facilitate the operation of the accompanying microcontroller, the BC45B4523 is fully equipped with modules supporting peripheral devices such as RF-trig clock, host interrupt generator and clock divider. The BC45B4523 is offered in a QFN housing with excellent heat dissipation during self-assembly on the circuit board.
- Operating Voltage:
- Receiver A_VDD: 2.7V~3.6V
- Transmitter T_VDD: 2.7V~5.5V
- Digital I/O IO_VDD: 2.7V~5.5V
- Operating Temperature: -40°C ~ 85°C
- Power Saving Modes:
- Hard Power Down: 0.5μA
- Soft Power Down: 4.7μA
- Standby: 1.0mA
- Support Card Detection mode: 10.4μA @ wakeup period=500ms
- Up to 10Mbps SPI interface speed
- 64-byte send and receive FIFO-buffer
- 64-byte addressing user-configurable registers
- Interrupt pin IRQ
- Programmable timer
- Low jitter on-chip oscillator buffer
- Ultra Low Power On-Chip 3.3V Regulator
- Low Power Card Detection
- External RF Field Detection
- Supported Protocols:
- IISO14443A/B, all bit rates
- 106, 212, 424 and 848kbps
- ISO15693, all modes
- Downlink: 1 of 4 and 1 of 256
- Uplink: 6.6/13/26/53kbps with 1 sub-carrier
- Uplink: 6.6/13/26kbps with 2 sub-carrier
- Package: 24-pin QFN