TCPP01-M12 is a chip designed to protect USB type C port. It faciliates migration from USB legacy connectors (type A or type B).
The chip provides ESD protection according to IEC61000-4-2 level 4 on the configuration pins (CC) of the USB type-C connector.
The TCPP01-M12 chip provides surge protection on the CC1 and CC2 pins when these contacts are exposed to a short circuit with the VBUS pin. This can happen when disconnecting the USB-C cable from the socket.
In battery-operated applications, TCPP01-M12 can be powered from the MCU via a GPIO line. Such solution reduces power consumption to the “unconnected cable” state. This mode will extend the battery life of your device.
- Surge protection on the VBUS line adjustable to 22V with external N-MOSFET
- Surge protection on configuration lines (CC) against short circuits to VBUS
- ESD protection for CC1, CC2 pins according to level 4 of the IEC 61000-4-2 standard
- Integrated charge pump for external N-MOSFET control
- Zero-quiescent current when no USB charger is connected to the battery-powered device
- Thermal protection
- Operating temperature from -40C to 85C
- Complies with the latest USB-C power standards
- Compatible with ECOPACK2