Integrated GNSS receivers from the TESEO III family
Teseo III is the latest generation of GNSS integrated circuits from STMicroelectronics, which support many global navigation systems such as GPS, BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS and QZSS. Teseo III systems offer lower energy consumption and solutions based on carrier phase tracking, allowing for greater accuracy.
Teseo III systems are consistent with the qualification of ST Automotive Grade, which in addition to the requirements of AEC-Q100 (Grade 3 and 2) is also focused on the elimination of defective elements during the production phase.
The ST product range includes standalone positioning chips (SAL) and configurable system-on-chips (SOC). SAL systems are offered with embedded GNSS software that allows performing all positioning operations, including tracking, acquisition, navigation and sending data. SOCs offer microcontroller and memory resources to enable easy and efficient combination of code with the GNSS ST library and create a highly optimized platform.
Both solutions come with different sizes of housing and memory:
The most important features of integrated GNSS receivers from the TESEO III family:
- simultaneous operation of GNSS systems: BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS and QZSS
- 12 types of systems in housings: WLCSP77 (4×4), QFN56 (7×7 and 8×8), BGA99 (6×5) and BGA169 (9×9)
- versions with manufacturer’s firmware in ROM and Flash for firmware and recorded data
- ARM946 @ 196MHz low power cores
- wide range of operating temperatures -40 … + 85oC
- integrated anti-jamming systems
- UART and I2C interfaces
- optional communication interfaces: CAN, USB2.0, SSP (own firmware required)
- RF track integrated with MPU
- Dead-reckoning allowing navigation in places where the GNSS signal is weak or completely disappears (tunnels, multistorey car parks)
GNSS modules with exceptional accuracy and software configuration
Teseo-LIV3F (with Flash memory) and Teseo-LIV3R (with ROM memory) are an easy-to-use stand-alone GNSS module with a built-in Teseo III receiving system that can work simultaneously with many constellations: GPS / Galileo / Glonass / BeiDou / QZSS. Teseo-LIV3R does not support Galileo.
The Teseo-LIV3F module offers the ability to record position, speed and time data in the built-in 16-Mbit Flash memory.
Additional information, including documentation and software for Teseo-LIV3F / R, is available at www.st.com/gnssmodules.
Special features of Teseo-LIV3F/R:
- simultaneous operation of the BeiDou, Galileo, GLONASS, GPS and QZSS systems
- LCC18 miniature housing (dimensions: 9.7×10.1×2.18mm)
- wide range of operating temperatures -40 … + 85 C deg.
- TTF (hot / cold start) below 1.5s / below 29s
- minimum position reading time: 0.1s
- minimal RF signal level -163dBm
- UART and I2C communication interfaces
- X-NUCLEO-GNSS1A1 evaluation kit
- sample firmware projects compatible with STM32Cube
- cooperation with AGPS servers
- software (toolbox) for configuration and optimization of the module operating parameters
Special features GPS-OFFLoad on almost all the TeseoIII variant
With the GPS-OFFLoad technology the position is computed on the cloud after few information are acquired by GNSS receiver. Then from the cloud, there can be acquired information about position.
The UBISCALE & ST Microelectronics partnership brings the GPS-OFFLoad technology on TeseoIII Ics’ and modules in technology STM32 (STM32F4 and STM32L0). GNSS Teseo III is left OFF most of the time.
|Data Payload||10/16 bytes (based on low-power radio)|
Where can Teseo modules be used?
- Tracking goods, property, people and vehicles
- Navigation systems
- Fleet management
- Time synchronization
- Unmanned aerial vehicles and drones
- V2X and OEM telematics applications
Which antenna should I choose for a GNSS receiver?
Matching the right antenna to wireless application is often not easy. When creating an application based on GNSS receivers, you should consider using antennas from Proant or Unictron. In particular, we recommend PRO-OB-430 by Proant (PIFA type antenna for the frequency range: 1560 – 1602 MHz) and a wide range of miniature and patch chip antennas from Unictron. The Proant PRO-OB-430 antenna shows very low sensitivity of radio parameters to metal elements in close proximity to the antenna.
Quartz and TCXO for the GNSS integrated circuit application
For GNSS integrated circuit applications, we offer small quartz and TCXO for surface mounting by NDK which are dedicated to this type of solution. An interesting proposition is TCXO NT1210AA – one of the smallest TCXO in the world with dimensions 1.2 x 1.0 x 0.35mm.
Do you need more details?
We encourage you to direct email@example.com. We will present a detailed offer from choosing the right components, through comprehensive technical support to mass production. It is also possible to obtain free samples.