VL53L5CX is a first real time native 8×8 multi-zone Time-of-Flight sensor with wide field-of-view, multi-target detection and distance measurement for each zone. Multi-zone distance measurements are possible up to 8×8 zones with a wide 63° diagonal field of view. The sensor provides an accurate ranging up to 4 meters, with a maximum frequency of 60Hz. With ST’s patented histogram algorithms, the VL53L5CX detects multiple objects within the FoV and ensures immunity to cover glass crosstalk beyond 60cm.
VL53L5CX offers multi-target detection and distance measurements in each zone at up to 4 meters. Housed in a minature reflowable package, it integrates a SPAD array, physical infrared filters, and Diffractive Optical Elements (DOE) to achieve the best ranging performance in various ambient lightning conditions.
VL53L5CX uses ST’s lastest generation, direct ToF technology which allows absolute distance measurement regardless of the target color and reflectance. It can work at fast speeds (60Hz), which makes it the fastest, multizone, minature ToF sensor on the market.
The use of a DOE above vertical cavity surface emitting laser (VCSEL) allows a square FoV of 45°x45° (63° diagonal) to be projected onto the scene. The reflection of this light is focused by the receiver lens onto a SPAD array.
The VL53L5CX can range up to 8×8 zones at 15Hz for higher resolution or use 4×4 zones at 60Hz for faster ranging measurements. The sensor is also able to detect multiple objects in the FoV.
- Multi-zone ranging output with 8×8 real time native separate zones
- Square 45°x45° (63° diagonal) Field-of-View
- Up to 4 meters
- Multi-target detection and distance measurement in each zone
- Motion indicator for each zone
- 60Hz frame rate capability
- Autonomous low power mode with programmable thresholds
- Histogram processing
- Invisible InfraRed (940nm) emitted light
- Package: 6.4×3.0x1.5mm
|ACTIVE||Expansion pack for VL53L5CX||Imaging Evaluation Boards||ST|
|ACTIVE||Breakout Boards for VL53L5CX||Imaging Evaluation Boards||ST|
|ACTIVE||Expansion board for VL53L5CX||Imaging Evaluation Boards||ST|
VL53L4CX – long-range, multitarget measurements
The VL53L4CX provides very accurate distance measurements up to 6m with excellent results over short distances. A new generation laser emitter with 18° FoV improves performances under ambient light. As well as VL53L5CX, the VL53L4CX is also able to detect multiple objects within the FoV with depth understanding. ST histogram algorithms ensure cover glass crosstalk immunity beyond 80 cm and dynamic smudge compensation for targets below 80 cm.
Like all ToF sensors based on ST’s FlightSense technology, the VL53L4CX records an absolute distance measurements regardless of the target color and reflectance.
- Histogram based technology
- Distance measurement from 0 mm up to 6 m
- Short distance linearity down to 10 mm
- Major improvement in long distance ranging performance across all targets and light levels
- Field of view (FoV) of 18°
- Multiobject detection capability
- Target beyond 80 cm range are immune to crosstalk from cover glass
- Dynamic smudge compensation below 80cm
- Size: 4.4 x 2.4 x 1mm Comment Florian : just added some spaces between numbers and x to make it more readable.
- Reflowable component
- Crosstalk correction
- Single power supply 2.8V
- Scene understanding
- Wall tracking and cliff detection for robotics
- Obstacle detection for robotic applications
- Content management (load in trucks, tanks, waste bins)
- Occupancy detection
- Liquid level control
- Inventory management
- Outdoor touchless buttons
- And much more!
|ACTIVE||Time-of-Flight sensor with extended range measurement expansion board based on the VL53L4CX for STM32 Nucleo||Imaging Evaluation Boards||ST|
Masters is the official distributor of STMicroelectronics products. If you are interested in receiving samples or want to talk about your project and possibilities of using STMicroelectronics components, please contact us at email@example.com or directly with chosen customer service office. We will advise the most appropriate solution to your needs.